Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mercedes Midbass Enclosures - DIYMA Car Audio Forum

Quote:

Nice skeleton and foam mold technique. How is that 3M panel bond goo to work with? Have u used it in other situations too?

I was fortunate enough awhile back to chat with a 3M rep, we talked for bit . He told me " if your not sure what the substrate is ' or are worried about anything , use panel bond " he stated its best for gluing anything to anything.
It's the stuff the GM would use the bond glass/SMC/plastic panels to metal substructure.

That being said I was bonding fiberglass to fiberglass , so I could have used panel bond , SMC panel adhesive , etc. , etc.......

The 3M panel bond is easy to work with.
Upsides
Great bonding/ adhesion etc......
Long open time ( up to 90 min )
Downsides
24 hours to full cure ( unless heated )
Long cure time ( can't be in a hurry )
You need a gun to dispense it ( about 50.00 + )
You use a " mixing " tip each application ( average about 1.50 ) each.

I love the stuff. 3m ( or dura mix etc ) make a bunch of different products, all have applications, trick is picking the BEST product to use in your application.

Source: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/build-logs-project-install-gallery/139236-mercedes-midbass-enclosures.html

derrick williams railgun jk rowling new book between two ferns ihop statins chardon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.